Section 12492 ISC6000 Manual Roller Shade Specification
Specifications for ISC6000 &6500 Manual Clutch operated Roller Shades:
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 SCOPE / DESCRIPTION
- Furnish and install manual roller shade(s) as manufactured by Sunair Awnings & Solar screens, P.O Box 1068 Jessup, MD 20792 in accordance with the specifications below.
- Product Data: Manufacturers data sheet shall be submitted for each product specified including, finishes, dimensions, options, and installation instructions.
- Drawings and diagrams: Product details, installation details, working and assembly drawings shall be supplied as requested.
- Sample: Contractor or agent shall supply samples as required.
1.3 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Product shall be manufactured to meet or exceed the quality and standards of the SUNAIR product as per description above.
- Supplier shall be approved to supply the products specified and shall honor all claims and warranties as specified in accordance with warranty.
- Provide shades from one manufacturer for the entire project.
1.4 DELIVERY STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Product shall be delivered to site in manufacturer original packaging.
- All products should be stored and handled to prevent damage to materials, finishes, and operating mechanism.
- Manufacturer shall honor product warranty from date of installation (See specific warranty detail available from Sunair Awnings & Solar Screens).
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
2.1 ROLLER SHADES
- Acceptable products: ISC6000, ISC6500, ISC6600, and ISC7000, as manufactured by: East Coast: SUNAIR Awnings and Solar Screens (Awnings Unlimited Inc) P.O Box 1068 , 7785 Rt. 175 Jessup, MD. 20794. 800–548-0408. West Coast: SUNAIR West 3803 West Thomas Rd, Phoenix AZ. 877-272-3920.
- Shade Band Material / Fabric: Roller Shade fabric shall be inherently flame retardant, fade and stain resistant, anti-static, anti microbial light filtering, room darkening, or "black out " providing 0 – 15% openness factors. The fabric shall pass NFPA 701-99 Test 1. Bottom hem shall be ultrasonically welded with either internal or external hem bar. Shades that have railroaded fabric may have horizontal heat welded seams. Fabric will be selected by architect from the SUNAIR standard fabric collection.
- Tubing: The roller tube will range between 1 ½" to 1 ¾" to be compatible with selected range sizes. The tubing shall be manufactured from 6063 T5 aluminum with sufficient thickness to prevent excessive deflection.
- Direction of Roll: back of roller is regular, reverse roll is available and can be specified
- Bottom / Hem bar: To be extruded aluminum either; Standard bottom bar with internal extruded aluminum bar with sealed ends or optional external bottom bar extruded and powder coated color to match hardware brackets and accessories.
- Mounting brackets: Shall be steel powder coated to match hardware and allow removal of the roller tube assembly without removing the brackets.
- Shade operation: Manual; with continuous loop beaded chain #10 nickel plated steel. Optional stainless chain can be specified. Clutch shall have the capacity to lift the size and weight of the shade. Spring "assist" will be specified for all shades larger enough to require the device. Cord tensioning safety device shall be installed with all shades.
- Any substitutions must be submitted for approval 30 days prior to close of bid.
2.2 ROLLER SHADE FABRICATION
- Field measure and verify sizes prior to manufacturing after all other work has been completed.
- Ensure that the shade fits from top to bottom of window and that the edge of the bracket is no more than ¼" from the face of the jambs.
- Dual Roller Shades: Universal mount steel brackets with 2 separate rollers working independently from each other (Solar shade and room darkening black out).
- Bottom Bar / Hem Bar: Either Standard hem / bottom bar with internal extruded aluminum bar with sealed ends, or optional external bottom bar extruded and powder coated color to match hardware brackets and accessories.
- Fascia: L shaped removable aluminum extrusion valance that attaches to the brackets and conceals the roller tube. Color will match other hardware and will be powder coated. 3" and 4" fascia as specified on all shades up to 9 ft high, and 4" fascia as specified on all shades taller than 9 ft. Standard flat / square fascia or optional rounded fascia. 7" fascia as is specified on Duo shades ISC6500 & ISC6600.
- Black out tracks as specified on room darkening and black out shades. Powder coated aluminum to match hardware color.
- Cassette 3" and 4" to enclose standard shade roller, as specified on ISC6000 and ISC7000 shades.
PART 3 –EXECUTION
- Install shades level and plumb, and align with adjacent units if necessary.
- Adjust roller shade to operate smoothly
- Demonstrate operational method and instruct owner's personnel in proper operation and maintenance of the shade.
End of Section
SUNAIR AWNINGS & SOLAR SCREENS P.O Box 1068 Jessup, MD 20794
Phone: 410-799-1145 1-800-548-0408 Fax: 410-799-5584