Specification Section 10536 for Sunair® Retractable Awning
Specifications for SUNAIR® Retractable Lateral Arm awnings:
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 SCOPE / DESCRIPTION
- Furnish and install retractable lateral arm awning(s) type as manufactured by Sunair Awnings & Solar screens , P.O Box 1068 Jessup, MD 20794 in accordance with the specifications below.
- Product Data: Manufacturers data sheet shall be submitted for each product specified including, finishes, dimensions, options and installation instructions.
- Drawings and diagrams: Product details, installation details, working and assembly drawings shall be supplied as requested.
- Sample: Contractor or agent shall supply samples as required.
1.3 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Product shall be manufactured to meet or exceed the quality and standards of the Sunair awning as per description above.
- Supplier shall be approved to supply the products specified and shall honor all claims and warranties as specified in accordance with warranty.
- Provide awnings from one manufacturer for the entire project.
1.4 DELIVERY STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Product shall be delivered to site in manufacturer original packaging.
- All products should be stored and handled to prevent damage to materials, finishes, and operating mechanism.
- Manufacturer shall honor product warranty from date of installation (See specific warranty detail available from Sunair Awnings & Solar Screens).
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
- Acceptable manufacturer: East Coast: Sunair Awnings and Solar Screens (Awnings Unlimited Inc) P.O Box 1068, 7785 Rt. 175, Jessup, MD 20794. 800–548-0408. West Coast: Sunair West 3803 West Thomas Rd, Phoenix AZ 877-272-3920.
- Any substitutions must be approved 30 days before close of bid.
- Arm elbow and shoulder components shall be made of forged aluminum 6061-T6.
- Arm cables shall be stainless double cable design 5/32nd mill spec DTL83420.
- All arms 10' 2" and above in projection shall have each three (3) internal steel springs. 6' 11" and 8' 7" arms shall have two (2) internal springs in each arm.
- Roller tube, Support Tube, and Front bar shall be extruded aluminum 6005 T5 or 6161-T6.
- All nuts and bolts shall be stainless steel.
- Hoods shall be "one piece" extruded, powder coated aluminum to match the frame color and end caps to match.
2.2 AWNING FABRICATION
- Product Description: Awning assembly shall include 10" extra fabric on the roller to cover the aluminum tube when the awning is fully extended.
- Unit Size: Field measure each awning. Verify applicable size for the application.
- AU10 wall brackets will be used on standard wall installations. AU16 ceiling brackets for ceiling mount installations. Additional AU18 roof brackets shall also be used for roof mount installations.
2.3 Motorized Awnings
- Motors and controls shall be manufactured by Somfy Inc. in Cranberry New Jersey from their standard available range.
PART 3 –EXECUTION
- Install awnings level and plumb, set the pitch even, and as appropriate. Adjust arms if necessary.
- Install brackets according to the manufacturers' recommended installation methods.
- If motorized, set the limit switches and program all remotes. Wire all motors to local codes
- Demonstrate operational method and instruct owner's personnel in proper operation and maintenance of the awning system.
End of Section
SUNAIR AWNINGS & SOLAR SCREENS P.O Box 1068 Jessup, MD 20794
Phone: 410-799-1145 1-800-548-0408 Fax: 410-799-5584