Architect specifications Section 10536 for Sunair® Fabric Canopies
Specifications for SUNAIR® fabric covered Awnings & Canopies
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 SCOPE / DESCRIPTION
- Furnish and install fabric awnings / canopies as indicated on the drawings and as manufactured by Sunair Awnings & Solar screens, P.O Box 1068 Jessup, MD 20794 in accordance with the specifications below.
- Product Data: Manufacturers data sheet shall be submitted for each product specified including, finishes, dimensions, options and installation instructions.
- Shop drawings and diagrams : Submit shop drawings and product details, installation details, working and assembly drawings shall be supplied as requested. Show relationship to adjoining work.
- Sample: Contractor or agent shall supply samples as required.
1.3 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Product shall be manufactured to meet or exceed the quality and standards of the Sunair awning as per description above.
- Supplier shall be approved to supply the products specified and shall honor all claims and warranties as specified in accordance with warranty.
- Provide awnings and / or canopies from one manufacturer for the entire project.
1.4 DELIVERY STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Product shall be delivered to site in manufacturer original packaging.
- All products should be stored and handled to prevent damage to materials, finishes, and operating mechanism.
- Manufacturer shall honor product warranty from date of installation (See specific warranty detail available from Sunair Awnings & Solar Screens). Workmanship and Installation shall be warrantied for a period of one (1) year from completed installation.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
- Acceptable manufacturer: East Coast: Sunair Awnings and Solar Screens (Awnings Unlimited Inc) P.O Box 1068, 7785 Rt. 175, Jessup, MD 20794. 800–548-0408. West Coast: Sunair West 3803 West Thomas Rd, Phoenix AZ 877-272-3920.
- Any substitutions must be approved 30 days before close of bid.
- Awning fabric will be selected from the manufacturer's standard range of available types and colors.
- All acrylic fabric seams will be sewn with a double needle lock stitch machine. The thread will be Gore-Tex "Clear" thread bu Tenara.
- All vinyl fabrics will be heat Sealed and welded using a Triad Wedge welder.
- The frame shall be constructed completely of welded 6063 –T5 aluminum. All frames design will adhere to regional code restrictions.
- Frames will be either mill finish or powder coated. Color to be chosen from manufacturer's standard range of colors.
- Fabric will be stapled to the frame and covered with a decorative trim to best match the fabric color.
2.3 AWNING FABRICATION
- Shop assembly: Preassemble items in the shop to the greatest extent possible.
- Weld all corners and seams continually. Each framing member shall be welded on at least three sides. Grind, brush, and clean all welds.
PART 3 –EXECUTION
- Install awnings level and plumb, according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Secure all anchors with proper clips, suited for the type of mounting indicated.
- Demonstrate operational method and instruct owner's personnel in proper operation and maintenance of the awning.
End of Section
SUNAIR AWNINGS & SOLAR SCREENS P.O Box 1068 Jessup, MD 20794
Phone: 410-799-1145 1-800-548-0408 Fax: 410-799-5584